Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Hippie, Bohemian, Neo-Soul Mom

Soooooo...... I am a Poet. There I said it.  What does that mean really? Depends on who you are are and shit. Mostly it means I'm fairly good with words, and I can make them rhyme, and it usually adds up to a great story type message or something.  I loathe the stereotype that comes with it though. My friends who happen to be poets don't sit around trying to out profound each other or signify everything the other says with a "That's Deep" every few minutes.  Sorry.  I know in your mind it was a cool image, but it just isn't what happens.... We don't dress in all black with berets on like beatniks and shit....we look rather normal actually.


Nope this isnt us......









This IS Us.... See pretty normal looking







What does any of this have to do with you being a mother Lola?  Hold on it will all come together. My new taking up in all things bohemian and poet like has caused a new slot in our relatively scheduled lives.  Now on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which was formerly our slot for mind numbing TV watching and the occasional dance off on The Wii are now the nights when after dinner as I apply my makeup and perfectly planned unplanned random outfit together the kids say something witty to like Oh yeah its Poetry Night see you in a few snaps. They're corny really.



      
             See. Cute but Corny

























They often complain that they wanna come and why would I perform poetry somewhere they cant come?, and Why don't I perform somewhere they only serve tea? (because they saw it on TV). Now here comes the part where I guess I might stage a performance where they get to see me perform at home and I would serve tea and dress up and make them feel apart of what I am and What I do. NOPE.


I don't want to. Does this make me a bad mom?   Maybe.  This Poetry thing I do ......ITS MINE. I share everything with their asses. I bought myself a friggin cream soda yesterday and a shit ton of juice for them. What do they want to drink??? Cream Soda....Mine the only one in the house.  I spend 99cents on myself and cant even have that. I realize that this is the price for being someones mom, but I refuse to share this with them. Not yet at least. And furthermore....... Half of that shit is inappropriate for them anyway. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't write erotic poetry, but they wouldn't get it......maybe I should write a poem they would understand, that's the cool good mom thing to do right? NOPE I don't want to. 


                        Me doing my poetry thang......Kidless






Honestly, I only feel a little bad about this. I think every mom should have a part of the universe that is kid free. And lets just be honest. It isn't the places you thought it would be, like the bedroom, bathroom (nope I still cant pee, poop or shower without an interruption from my 12 and 10 year old daughters), or even work (my kids call and email me at work incessantly). So my space is a dark little dive in the eccentric part of town where I perform poetry under a name other than Mommy


Teen mom moment: Why wont they just leave me alone?????? I want to be someone else for 2 hours twice a week don't they get that??????
Mom moment: I actually do think its pretty awesome that they are interested in what I'm doing, and I'm sure at some point we will share in all things, Wordy, Bohemian, Neo-Soul, and Hippie..... I'm flattered that they think I'm a relatively cool mom. At least 
Munch does :)




~L. rouge
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!