Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Do You understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?!?

Nope. She doesn't. Who? The Spawn better known as Bean. She doesn't understand, and what's worst, I don't understand her. Her logic is ill- to say the least and her pre -teen mind is convinced its always got something to prove. To Who? Me ......and the Hubbs........and Nana........and the world I guess. But you know what? I'm over it. We had a breakdown / break through last night, I think. Well, I guess it  may just have been one of many to come. I'm just  not so sure I have to wear with all to make it friends. I. Just. Dont. Know.

I tell her to do things, she tells me why it isnt a great idea. I tell her how to do the math problem she is struggling with, she tells me that's not how her teacher taught it. I tell her to clean up, she tells me why she shouldnt have to. I tell her ANYTHING, she has some sort of rebuttal. This is then followed with  a depressed Eeyore like state where she mopes about telling of all the reasons why she is sad. Like: noone understands her, noone listens, noone cares, etc, etc, ETC.
See the resemblance???
I have settled in to the idea that she is on the verge of teenagerness and this makes her prone to mood swings and a general sense of unfairmisunderstoodness. My mom made a valid point yesterday it went like this:
Me: What the Heck is wrong with her?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Nana: Two years ago, she was ten.
Me: I tell her to do things and she absolutely doesn't do it!
Nana: Her brain isn't working properly.
Me: Does She Understand The Words That Are coming Out Of My Mouth!!!!!?????!!!!
Nana: No. She. Doesn't.



AAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA! Some of this bullshit is really her NOT growing up she's a ten year old trapped inside a wannabe teenager's body. So what do I do now?  I guess I just continue giving orders that she may or may not follow. I'm not against the rod believe that, but it isn't my favorite thing to do. It's tiring, and rendered useless if you don't explain why they ended up with the whooping afterwards.

What I am realizing is this is a monster that I created. I was always into having a kid with a voice who would be heard and stuff like that. I didn't expect it to backfire into a voice that I have to debate with incessantly.

The End Result: I explained to the Beaner her feelings and shit are important, but being OBEDIENT is even more important (It even says so in the Bible). I hope this works.
I digress.  Maybe we will try some family counseling??????

Teen Mom Moment: I once got a call from a teacher who told the Beaner she was in trouble and had to go to timeout. Bean answered her by asking what the other options were. I was proud of this, she wasnt just accepting her fate. I thought this was me being a flipping awesome mom.

Mom Moment: She now hits me with the same shit I had intended for others, NOT Me. She should do what I told her because I said so. Whip the Bible out and see how that works for ya.  (pray for me lol)






See not a teenager an ex 10 yr old.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, first of all, sorry about the job thing. Or maybe not? Maybe it's the best thing that could happen. We'll find out eventually...

    About the teenager, it's funny, isn't it? We want them to stand up, but we also want them to respect authority. It's a fine line. A very fine line.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!