Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Moment, An ode to My favorite cuzns

So today, I went to an art show. And it was really great, Not just any art show, My favorite little cuzn's art show. He's a senior in high school heading off to blaze trails and what not, pursing the Arts.  He is fuggin awesome at this shit and it is simply amazing.

So he won a decent sized scholarship thru the Lakewood Arts Festival Association or something similar to that and boy were we proud. Like really proud.

Monty winning his scholarship
But THE MOMENT AWARD goes to his mom, my big cuzn April. As a recovering teen mom with not so normal tactics, you love to see moms win triumphantly. And having a son as respectful, smart, and cool as Monty.....Is a win. This is a kid that I don't mind hanging with, and guess what? I actually don't hang with anybody. ( that may explain why not many people read my blog).
See, this is a cool fella

Seeing his artwork is a win, seeing him beam with pride as he won that scholarship over some pretty fantastic stuff .........is a win. Seeing his mom cry because contrary to what people say not only can you raise a man on your own but you can raise a GENTLEMAN............HUGE WIN!

So this small post is in honor of my two favorite cuzns April and her son Monty.  I dont have any sons, but if I did, I would hope he would be as cool as April made this kid.


Teen Mom Moment: I always worry if I will get to have that moment when my kid accomplishes something and is headed totally in the right direction, It is one of my greatest fears.
Me, April and Raina ... The only girls in our clan
Mom Moment:  I will get to experience this moment.... It's in my blood.    :)

TTYL!    ~rouge

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! he is so talented and how freaking PROUD you and his Mom must be!! That is a WIN for sure!
    Missed you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is truly awesome...shout out to April for raising a great young man...Congrats to Monty on his scholarship and his ridiculously awesome artwork!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!