Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

You get a double Hi-Five

So I have begun my next new workout regimen in pursuit yet again of not being  That Fat.   In an effort to get my shit together before I hit the big 3-0 in July I have taken to Zumba dance party on ....wait for it.....the Wii!!!! My Love for the Wii has no bounds .  After some wonderful encouragement from the hubbs I took the great $39.99 plunge and bought the software. Here is where it begins friends, wish me luck.

I just wanna share the beginning of my journey and a few fun things with ya so this post wil be uber short.  The fact that my husband loses wieght at lightening speed make me Fee-Ur_Eeee-Ussss (translation: furious)!!!! No matter how much I alter my eating and start up some short lived workout trend...I lose about 10, find 7 quickly and play yoyo with the 3 remaining.  But Not this time dammit!!!!!!

I have this !!!!!!!

My secret weapon lol
 I also have some spawn who I will now acknowledge in a positive light for a change. Here's how the first night of Zumba Wii went:

Me and the hubbs walk in the door with Walmart bags
Bean and Munch: What did y'all get?
Hubbs: A toilet seat and some stuff.... Are yall rooms clean and chores done?
Bean and Munch:.........silence lol (they are obviously not done and this becomes apparent to hubbs
Hubbs: grumbling.......Mommy see what I'm talkin bout??? (he exits the stage)
Lola: I bought yall some campfire marshmallows too! Oh and we know have Zumba for the Wii!!!! (holds up box)
Munch and Bean: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Lola: Ya'll gone workout wit me???? I dont wanna be that fat no mo (makes sad face)
Munch: Mommy you're not that fat (see above for what is wrong with this statement)...... But yeah! Phoenix has this game and its fun!!!!!
Bean: Cool Mommy..... I wanna lose my gut and we did this in gym fo like 3 weeks I think i remeber some of the stuff.....you know i cant dance tho.
Hubbs: MOMMY!!!!!! where the movies at ????????
Lola: ON THE SHELF BABE!
Munch: imma put in on now ok mommy?
Lola: Do that! Its about to go down!!!!! (starts doing the im gonna be skinny soon dance)
Bean: Laughing at the I'm gonna be skinny soon dance  picks up kindle and sits on couch
Hubbs: MOMMY!!!!!!!! I DONT SEE EM!!!!!
Lola: FOR REAL?!?!?!?! YOU KNOW IM TRYNA WORKOUT!
Hubbs: SORRY! HOW LONG YOU GONE BE?
Lola: IM WORKIN OUT LEAVE ME ALONE BOO!!!!
Munch: U ready???
Lola: Yup
Lola does first two routines and is now sweating, hot and thirsty
Lola: Munch, get me sum ice water
Bean: You doin good Ma, hi five! (we slap hi five and i continue moving latin style)
Lola: thanks bean, wanna do one ?
Hubbs: BOO! CAN YOU COMERE????
Lola: Munch and Bean ya'll do this one
Hubbs: you working out boo?
Lola: yes, I will be back when it's over babe
Hubbs: okay
Kids: Mommy its over
Lola: here i come
really tough choreographed number comes on  Lola hangs in there pretty good 
Computer generated class instructor: WAY TO GO! YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!
Lola: I like this class instructor
Bean: You silly mommy
song ends ...Lola is whooped
Bean: That one was hard mommy, you get a double hi five!
(we slap a double hi five and the bellydancing cool down song come on)
Hubbs is peeking in the room, he grins and walks away
Lola and the spawns do the cool down together, laughing at each others moves
Lola: Well that was it chickens! Im gonna be skinny soon! give me a hug
Bean and Munch: UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH! you all sweaty!
Munch: I'm bored
Lola: It's bedtime Munch
Bean: You did good mommy!
Lola: Thanks Bean!
Hubbs: I'm proud of you stinky.... take a shower and get in this bed!
Lola smiles to self and does the skinny dance on her way to the shower. 

Remember how almost every episode ended with them about to get it on? i felt kinda like that lol









We aint quite the Huxtables


The Cast of Zumba on the Wii Day 1


But we are flippin awesome! 



Sidenotes:  I dont make my kids use proper english at home, it's home they know when to shut it off..... I realize this post may have lived up to a few stereotypes, sometimes they're right! :) I had no teen mom moment or regular moment....Just me and the fam! 


happy friday friends!
~lola rouge











1 comment:

  1. You guys ARE flippin awesome!

    Love the dialogue.

    Got to do a bit of Zumba via the Wii at a party and I loved it. What a great workout!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!