Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Diary Of An Accidental Stay At Home Mom

I would first like to apologize for the long wait since my last post, but some things happened and I just wasn't prepared to blog about it just yet. Now I am,  so here goes.

Entry 1 in the Diary of an Accidental Stay at Home Mom:

I did it! I quit my job, a job I loved, and had been very loyal to for several years, in an industry that was completely foreign to me that I somehow managed to love. I had to take a stand on my own behalf and it ultimately meant quitting the gig.  I packed up my desk and all my extra shoes and pictures of spawn (some that didn't even belong to me). And I walked on out of there. The Hubbs picked me up and that was that.  Now what?????? I'm a stay at home mom now and it was a complete and total accident. So what do stay at home mom's do???????

I have ALWAYS had a job, from the tender age of fourteen when my mom took me to get a work permit, and I proudly donned the Geauga Lake uniform that would begin my work journey. I have always loved having a job, no matter how much money I spent, I could be sure that another sum was headed my way as long as I punched that time clock. This security has just sprinted away and I'm going mad!!! Sure, the Hubbs says he's got us covered and I believe him....but the security blanket that is my job is gone and I cant deal. Even better yet, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with the free time and I cant fathom why anyone would not want to work... I'm so confused.

re purposed dresser for the spawn
Earrings I made 
So now I devise a plan, I start applying for jobs online, and finding ways to keep myself busy. I'm going crazy and my friends are teasing me because it's only been three days and I am freaking out ...daily.  I dive into my theory on what stay at home moms do.  I clean HARD.....like all the walls and baseboards, under the spawns beds, I rearrange furniture in the living room, I make cameo appearance at Munch's school for random reasons she has invited me to (And believe me, I do NOT fit in with this group of moms) until now I have been the phantom email mom. The kid is happy though so I shrug it off, I exercise so much I hurt my back and can hardly move, I go to the library everyday, I pick back up all the hobbies that I didnt have time to fully commit to. I finally decorate the walls of our living room, I develop those picture that were taken in the winter, I re purpose old furniture, I dabble in natural Do's for the spawn, I customize sneaks for little girls, I make more earrings to peddle, I write poetry, I separate clothes for the season change, I shop (not sure how this works with me not having a paycheck any more S/O to the Hubbs), I clean up the hard drive on the PC, I read the bible more, I pray more (for a better gig  of course), and mostly I go crazy!!!!!!!
Munch has convinced her friends parents to get a pair of these Custom Joints! Cha-ching Good Job Munch!

My best bud says she's proud of the use of my time...at least I'm not being lazy.  I get a few callbacks, some are a bust, some seem promising, and ONE works out completely and I start next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I was unemployed for two weeks.  It felt like an eternity. But knowing I'm back in the game makes me a healthier person all around. I guess I'm just a worker bee.

The Live Museum-- She was Jane Goodall
So, to all my Stay At Home Moms who do it for all the love of it I salute You. finding ways to purpose your time in such a way that you dont become a lazy bum, joining the PTA and dealing with the spawn collective at class parties and field trips, cooking three meals a day, organizing activities, and still maintaining your own self, and making it look relative;ly easy  is deserving of my respect...so here it is. To the other Accidentals, like me- hang in there get really busy with crafty creative things like I did!, and dont stop the search your job is just around the corner you haven't made it to yet, but you are on your way.

Bean's Natural do'
Munch's Natural Do'
A few fun definitions:  These are all based solely on the mind of L. rouge

Mom- A chick who has kids, loves them, and does everything she can to make sure they are awesome and they know it!!!!!!
Stay At Home Mom- this chick is usually married, and wants the best for her kids and would rather not send them to daycare, she cooks three meals, crafts, cleans, goes to Little Gym and other community activities, all while getting the spawn ready for Pre-K and what not.
Phantom Email Mom: That mom that every mom and school teacher is postive exists but you just haven't seen her.  She replies to all your emails and phone calls, she always sends in snacks and paper plates per your request, the kid seems to think she's awesome but No one and i mean no one has seen her except the kid and the occasional sleepover friend.
Accidental Stay At Home Mom- married or unmarried this chick almost always has a job, and prefers it that way, but occassionally she doesnt have a job due to termination, lay offs, resignations, or some other corporate type reason and somehow manages to find steroetypical things to do till she gets a another gig.




Munch doesn't even look like she wants to be here.....Oh well  I've got pics to prove I went lol

 All better now!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!