Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Boops and other things we cant avoid.

So, I've got daughters and they are growing, faster than I care for but I dont imagine anyone I know has mother natures number sooooooooooo we are dealing. That being said, we have found a somewhat awkward coping mechanism for the emergence of......Wait for it....... Boops.  I think normal people call em breast, tits, boobs, tatas, you get the picture. But in my quirky little universe we call em Boops.


First lets start with a brief history of why we call em Boops. For reasons I couldn't begin to explain we (the spawns, Nana, and I) used to watch Jon&Kate +8 kinda religiously. And on one episode number 5, or 6, or 4 Idunno which one but it was a little girl asked Jon why little girls have little Boops. Jon refers her to her mom (classic Dad move, I couldn't even get mad at this)because we can be relatively corny the word Boops tickled the lot of us (when I typed that last phrase my voice had a Brittish accent in my head --that was random, back to the subject). Kate explained to her little girls have little boops, and big girls have big boops. Nuff said right? Wrong. My kids launched into a big thing about how they didnt want boops and would resist the process as a whole.
I'm almost positive now, this book was NOT a good influence. I almost made my daughter read it.


Now ever since I was a little Lola I wanted a rack. And was pretty excited when it showed up. But these chicks are running in the opposite direction. Like Peter Pan style... they dont wanna grow up at all. All that girly shit I refuse to dive into on my blog that you can imagine, they are against it. I, like Margaret from the coveted coming of age novel "Are You There God it's Me Margaret" by Judy Blume wanted a rack to show the world I was a little woman! I wonder if that weighs in on why I was knocked up by age sixteen?   Fuggit that's another post on another day. The Bean keeps her boops smashed down with a sports bra, and  Munch refuses to acknowledge their existence.
Seriously these chicks are smiling about this?!?!?!?!  No wonder the spawns run and hide I'm getting nervous


My inner mom tottaly thinks this shit is stoopid hilarious! Ariel refers to the emergence of boops by reffering to them as gaining weight--- HA! and Bean runs into a corner and covers her ears the moment she realizes the topic has been brought up.  Why isnt my life like those weird ass commercials from the eighties where the mom and daughter discuss weird ass shit like femeinine hygeine and then smile at the camera and laugh. Oh I know why..... THAT SHIT DONT HAPPEN. (<---- I realize this is bad grammar. I'm blogging not writing a thesis, and I'm nervous even now discussing this topic I think the spawns are rubbing off on me)
At least THIS isnt my issue. 


I only have questions today readers like:
1. Do I want them to embrace their boops?
2. Is it normal for them to hate tem?
3. Do little boys notice boops in the 4th graade? (I shutter at this thought)
4.Will I miss these days when their hormones take off full throttle and they dig their boops?

I'm afraid now..........holy crap......Someone get the batteries off the charger, we are gonna play the Wii and forget I ever wrote this shit. I'm  freaking my damn self out.  





2 comments:

  1. I was forced into a "training" bra in the 7th grade, not because I needed one, either.

    Never did push more than a B cup -- outside of being pregnant/nursing -- but boops? Boops is what boops is, and ain't a damn thing you can do about it. :-)

    When my son got his first pubic hair (and yes, he told me) we celebrated with make-your-own banana splits.

    Puberty can be delicious. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearl, your outlook on life makes my heart smile :) That being said banana splits? That was thee most awesome, fun, no pun intended because you probably don't get it son, personal joke EVER! Yes my friend, I do believe puberty is delish. Im a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!