Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter Weekend an ode to the Nintendo Wii

Sooo, Its been a few minutes since I posted,  But, Easter at my house can be a pretty big deal. There are dresses and new shoes to buy, hair to curl, speeches to learn, candy to eat, dinner to cook.... yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm not sure why we go through all the pageantry, but we do.

The Spirit of Easter or at least the cute hats to go with it is alive and well






The kids were off school Friday (but I wasn't free from work), so I had to pull together a super fun family time activity, while still managing to hang with my mom and husband. I resorted to the Wii ( God bless the creators of that thing, it gets me through every time) Nothing like kicking off Easter Weekend with dancing to the Michael Jackson Experience!!!!!! I think we ate pizza.... side note: we eat pizza way more than I should admit to.... I'm a young mom what do you want from me.  Next up tackling the first head of hair.........

Two finely groomed chickadees......... one tired mom 



Bean is the pickiest kid on planet Earth, of this I am sure. After washing, conditioning, blow drying, she still doesn't know how she wants it to look.  So I do what irritated moms do. I style it and spend the next hour convincing her its cute and trendy. Once she realizes I'm not BS-ing her- She's cool, I'm pooped, and the old man is ready to watch transformers (another something we do more than I should admit to).
Saturday morning its 7:30 am and I'm up!!!!!! Why???? Because I still make my 10 year old go to bed early and therefore she rises at the Crack!!!! One of my two days off is not starting as planned.... Pancakes showers and wait for it.........The Wii - This is the greatest invention ever!!!!! we dance, it doubles as a workout for me and the kids are satisfied with mom time! added bonus- My mom loves to watch us attempt fairly difficult choreographed routines in the living room. After several routines, sweaty me plus the chickies and some juice...... It's time for the volleyball game! Yup we play volleyball in a local church league AND we are in first place! Funny thing is our team rages in age from 53 to 10. It's really quite hilarious. The husband got some great giggles out of seeing that game. Saturday night????  You guessed it the Wii! Did I mention I LOVE the inventors of that thing?
Goodtimes


So, I've officially decided that I'm rambling about the goodness of the Wii way too much, so I'll wrap this up.  Basically folks I had a pretty super awesome weekend with the family, doing what the books say is not a great thing: Eating Bad food tons of Easter Candy and playing video games!

Our Favorite song to boogie to
Well blog readers that was my weekend
Teen Mom moment:  Hell I simply dont have one
Mom Moment:  This parenting/family thing is pretty damned all right!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!