Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Their Other Mom.... The Photographer

Thanks to great friends who stick around my kids have a second Mom. Nope I'm not gay..... my children have stolen my best friend.  I actually find this slightly annoying.   I love my kids, I love my best friend but somewhere in my mind I always imagined that the two would be somewhat separate. But... Nope. They have taken over. I occasionally get envious because I'm positive my oldest daughter thinks she's cooler than me. NO ONE should be cooler than me, right?

So here's the deal I've come up with several reasons they might dig my best homie more than me, I don't know why I've made this list but here it is:


1. Both Aneesah and Nicole are Leos. maybe this astrological connection helps them to relate to eachother, their moods, and retarded habits, idiosyncrasies, and shit are alike. I dunno. But I have decided this could be a major factor in all this.

These two chicks....way too close. 


2. She isn't big on discipline. She is the super fun aunt sorta mom type figure who even when she's fussing it just doesn't sound like it to me type chick.  I however, shall biteth off the head of an offensive teen/tween at a moments notice. Someone's gotta scare the shit outta these kids or else you end up on Maury Povich with that Loud screaming dude with the sweater vest right?
This guy always made me laugh... Bad kids watch out He's gonna yell at you!



3. She actually listens to the random shit they talk about. DISCLAIMER: I listen too but after it starts sounding like random babbling about TV and made up scenarios ... I'M OUT. I tune it out and check in occasionally for words that ring important..Don't all moms do this? Nicole has somehow managed to make them think she's listening, even if she isn't listening. Its a mystery really. I'll have to ask her if she listens..

4. She's a photographer, a really good one. I imagine compared to a mom who works at a funeral home (saving that topic for another blog) this would be much more exciting. She takes pictures of them, and they dig it. She even lets them take pics  when they are doing weird sister-y type things. She reminds them that they are super cute model status worthy of a photo girls. I tell them they are a pretty but a photographer? That's the real compliment ....... Whatever lol.
Tell me this kid doesn't feel like a model
Cool lookin pic right? Bean thought so.
See... No photographer would let them behave this way, It's cute though





5. They just love her. At some point I was gonna have to be realistic about all this. Number 5 will be dedicated to that. Nicole has been my friend since before they were born, outside of my mom and brother, cousins (you get the picture, people we don't see everyday) She has been one of few Constants in their life.  I'm a single mom, so their dad isn't with us, and I've been married twice- remove the first step dad now. So Nicole's presence is more predictable than most things.  Is she awesome well sure she's my best friend, and all my awesomeness can only be accompanied by awesomeness.

BUT, here's the deal: My kids take EVERYTHING!! From cream sodas, chips and candy, socks, scarves, earrings and my friends. This shit must stop! I don't go around being super cool chummy mom with their friends. They interrupt girls nights with phone calls .... to ask HER shit, and wine doesn't taste as good when you cant properly gossip and talk about shit they shouldn't hear if they keep coming in the kitchen. BTW they only find her cool separately, because when we are together, a few glasses of wine in....... Our music is dated and the stories we can share? they scoff at.


So there! Super cool more fun than my own mom Nicole! you are only cooler than me sometimes......


Me and The Best friend Nicole
Teen Mom Moment: Leave my friend alone She is mine and I'm your mom Appreciate Me!
Mom Moment: Get ready best bud, when that Mack Truck Hits Me..... You are ON DECK!!!!!


~l. rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead. Leave a comment, You know you wanna tell me I'm nutz!